First of all, I want to thank you for visiting my blog and website.
My name is Elisabeth and this is meant to be a site where you can learn more about me, the things I am passionate about and the kind of work I do.
I will regularly be sharing reflections, news and resources on the Blog
It has taken me a very long time to make a decision about this website – I really do not like promoting myself. But the older I get and the more I long to do independent work I realise that this is a necessary part of life in these modern times.
The most difficult part is to say who and what I am…
I can give you some more or less boring facts, like:
- I was born in 1981 in Skagen, Denmark
- I went to Steiner School untill the age of 15
- I have a Danish equivalent to English A-levels but never went to University – still undecided about whether I ever will
- I was serious about dancing from the age of 9 to 19 and joined a Junior Company in Copenhagen for a year before I had to stop dancing. Read more about my relationship with dance here
- I have worked as: shop assistent, nanny, church singer, strawberry-picker, cleaner, translator, newspaper-delivery-girl, mental health speaker and workshop facilitator
I have participated in several courses and training events on a wide range of subjects, including:
- ♥ art of hosting
- ♥ facilitating Hearing Voices groups
- ♥ facilitating Peer Support Groups
- ♥ Voice Dialogue for people who hear voices
- ♥ Non-violent Communication
- ♥ Mindfulness
- ♥ Modern Dance
- ♥ Drama
- ♥ food and nutrition
- ♥ French
- ♥ Turkish
- ♥ Being Highly Sensitive
- ♥ using the Maastricht-interview
- ♥ self-development
- ♥ creative expression
- ♥ Qi-Gong
- ♥ pilates
- ♥ yoga
- ♥ Italian
- ♥ Rock and Water
- ♥ working with young people who hear voices
- ♥ Inclusive movement and dance
I believe that things we have done and what we have experienced are big parts of who we are. But I also think there is much more to our being than that. The sufi mystic Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī wrote
So maybe telling you what I love is a better way of introducing myself.
My mother – so much it makes me well up when I think of her
Watching plants grow
The sound of water – running, dripping, streaming, raining, gushing, crashing, drizzling
When friends cook for me
Walking in a forest when there is no wind and everything seems to be holding its breath
A Maori haka
Facilitating workshops and training. Alone, with my partner or as part of a group
Reading Lord Peter Wimsey stories
Fresh berries and exotic fruits
And so much more….
I think I’ll finish for now and so just want to say:
Thanks again for visiting and reading – have a look around on this site and get in touch if you have any comments, questions or are interested in working with me.
With Gentle Kindness